Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nesting

I think my nesting has finally kicked in.  Yesterday afternoon I decided to start working on my list of things to do to get the entire house ready.  Here is what I have completed so far:

1. Three loads of laundry
2. Cleaned all the kids rooms including: washing walls, floorboards, doors and furniture.  I even scrubbed with Clorox in between the bi-fold doors. Usually I prefer to use cleaning products without chemicals but I needed to get everything clean and sanitized.
3. Organized the kids closets
4. Washed the kids bedding
5.  Boxed up all the shoes that are too small for Aiden and Taylor and put them aside for Austin and Olivia
6. Vacuumed the kids rooms and hallway
7. Made dinner for the kids and I since Thad was working late
8. Even had time to hang out with a neighbor while all the kids played outside
9. Practiced some hypnobirthing scripts
10.  Laid down with the kids for bedtime

I feel for being 9 months pregnant this is a pretty significant list to have completed in just a few short hours.  I hope I can keep this up for at least a few more days.  Today I want to tackle the master bedroom.  We have new furniture coming on Friday and would like to paint our room first.  Tonight would like to empty the room except for our mattress and scrub the entire room.  It would be really nice to have the house perfect for our new bundle of joy.  What would it be like to come home from the hospital with nothing that needs to be done and I can just focus on our four precious angels and bond together as a family of six?  

No comments:

Post a Comment