Monday, July 8, 2013

Neighborhood Dance

Yesterday we were invited to a neighborhood dance performance.  The girls had a very professional set-up with seating set up, programs, intermission with costume changes and even a microphone to introduce each dancer/singer. They have been preparing for weeks for this performance.  Everyday the girls across the street would come over and get Taylor to practice.  Taylor is the youngest by several years and it is so great that they included her on this.
Taylor participated in three dances, a solo, duet and grand finale that even included fireworks.  I absolutely loved it.  Taylor had a great time being the center of attention.  The songs she choose are way to old for her. She is only six and dancing to "We Are Never Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift and "Fireworks" by Katy Perry.

They have already started practice their next performance, which is a play with a wicked witch. I remember having dance performances in my best friends garage and inviting the entire neighborhood.  These are such fun memories and I am so glad Taylor is having fun with this as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment