For the last few months we have been worried Aiden might need glasses. I have terrible eye sight even with my contacts. One day I asked Aiden if he could read the street sign for me and he could see even worse then me, so I knew it was time for an eye exam.
We scheduled an appointment for the next day. Thad was going to be home late from work so I took all three kids with me to the store. The store just happened to be at the mall with a kids play area right outside the door. While this seems like a great thing, it was my worst nightmare. Austin refused to stay in the store. I spent half the time trying to hold a kicking and screaming Austin on my lap and the other half chasing him down the mall, while were waited for the doctor.
Aiden finally was seen by the eye doctor and he got his first pair of glasses. He was so proud to pick them out by himself and learn how to take care of them. He has been doing so well, except for when Dad stepped on them and we had to get them re-adjusted and the time he lost them under the tree in the front yard.
He looks so handsome. I remember my first pair of glasses and I did a terrible job on picking them out. Aiden has asked for contacts for his birthday. I don't know if the doctor will give them to him at 9 years old. I think I was 12 years old when I got my first pair of contacts. Luckily Aiden only needs to wear them to see far away. He takes them off to read or play on the computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment