I love Pilate's! I feel so relaxed and refreshed after working out. Thad has been so kind to let me go to a Pilate's studio three times a week. He watches the kids for the hour I am gone and helps them finish their homework and even gets them ready for bed.
Last week when I was finishing my class, they had a 29 Day Challenge planning meeting. Without telling Thad that I was going to be late, I stayed for the meeting. Unfortunately, Thad became really worried as I was over an hour late returning home with no phone call. I am usually really good at calling if I am late so this made him concerned. However, I am glad I stayed.
For the month of February, I have committed to improving my overall health by changing my diet and exercising more. I will continue to go to the Pilate's studio three times a week and run at least three times a week. In addition to my exercise routine I am changing my diet completely.
The challenge consists of changing to a plant-based diet. This is a completely vegan diet. I am not very well informed on vegan diets, but with this diet I avoid all meat, dairy, soy and gluten. This has been challenging. I have lots of smoothies with pea protein mixed with fruit and veggies. Surprisingly, the kids really enjoy the smoothies. They ask me to add spinach to every smoothie and they want it for breakfast and a snack after school.
The purpose of the 29 day challenge is not to lose weight, but to learn how to eat better. The process should help me lose the belly I gained from having three kids. Two days in and I am down 2.5 pounds. Thad is doing this as well and he is down almost 5 pounds.
After the 29 days I can start adding lean proteins and dairy back into my diet.
This sounds really great! Keep us posted on how it goes.
ReplyDelete