Taylor has been taking violin lessons for about four months. She attends a group lesson with three other kids from her preschool. We go to her preschool twice a week just for violin lessons. They have been learning to read notes, hold the violin and bow as well as playing. This is a video of her at her lesson earlier this week. She is starting to play twinkle twinkle. She is learning the Suzuki method, but with reading notes instead of all based on sound and memorization.
I am so proud of my sweet little girl. We have been practicing at home every day as well. She knows her notes really well. She can play the open strings very well. We are working on putting her fingers on the correct strings which is coming really fast.
I played violin for years. I started in 4th grade at my grade school. I would walk to school with my violin to play with our school orchestra before school started. I played in school all the way through 9th grade. In high school I played with the Granite Youth Symphony but unfortunately stopped after that. I can still play the basics, but I have lost a lot of the technical aspects of violin. I am excited to be able to play again.
My intent was not to start Taylor on the violin so young. It just fell into our laps as her preschool teaches violin as a part of her preschool program. This year we added on to have group lessons. She enjoys playing, sometimes. I hope she will love it and continue to play her whole life.
No comments:
Post a Comment