Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Day

This was the best Christmas yet!  I love my family so much!  I had so much joy seeing everyone together for Christmas.  I was missing my childhood Christmas's so we decided to stay overnight at my mom's on Christmas Eve.  The adults stayed up until 2 am playing games.  Everyone was laughing so hard I am surprised we did not wake up the whole house. 
Aiden woke up at 1:30 am ready for presents.  He and I talked for a while, which was so special.  It was not anything important, but I love the one-on-one time we have together.  Taylor slept in Nana's room and eventually kicked Nana out of bed and took her spot.  Austin slept on the floor with Thad and actually did pretty well. Aiden and I had the bed.  Aiden asked Dad if he would not move him once he fell asleep.

Finally at 7:30 am we woke up the kids.  Thad tried all sorts of things to wake up Aiden, but all we had to say was presents and he was wide awake.  Taylor was so tired I had to carry her downstairs.  Austin is so easy going he woke up happy as can be when we picked him up.

The kids loved their stockings and Santa presents.  Both Aiden and Taylor received DS Lite and games from Santa.  We only did a few presents from us.  Aiden received mostly Lego's.  Taylor got an American Girl that looks like her an clothes.  Austin got a lot of teething toys.  He is so excited as well.  Christmas is so much better with kids.
I got come cupcake books a magazine subscription and a purse from the kids. Thad received a Lego online game, hat and something else that I can not remember. My mom got both of us an IPad.  I am really excited to get it set up.
After a fun filled at my moms.  We went to Thad's parents and had even more presents and dinner.  It was a long day, the kids were exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment