Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Baby's Room

I need help planning the baby's room. Thad and I have decided not to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. Since we already have a boy and girl we don't need to worry about the clothes. Also, finding out the sex of the baby when the baby is born seems to make it more exciting now.

The problem is the nursery. I am struggling to find bedding that is neutral but still very cute. I have three possibilities shown and need advice of what everyone thinks. We have a white crib and a white glider with light green cushions. We took the cushion to USA Baby and it looks like the green in the chair will match all three baby bedding's.
I am not a huge fan of Dr. Seuss but I like the polka dots and the alphabet.
I really like this one, but is it too boy? It is hard to tell on this picture but it does have red in some of the circles.
I really like this one too, but is it too girl and will the cream bumper clash with a white crib?

Thad has his favorite but I am not completely sold on it yet. The baby is not due for another 5 months but I would really like to get the nursery done soon so I can focus on getting the clothes unpacked and see what I really need.

5 comments:

  1. I like the Dr. Suess one the most! There are so many colors on that you could go with, boy or girl. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like the dr seuss one as well. I don't LOVE the characters on it. The green one is really cute but is more girl. The giraffe one is neutral though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all really cute, but I think the second one is a little boy-ish and the third one is a little girl-ish so I like the first one for a truly neutral look. I agree with not loving the Dr. Suess characters, but the polka dots and stripes are adorable and the colors are great. Plus you know for sure it will look good with a white crib. You can't make a wrong choice though, they are all darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Giraffe one! The colors might look a little more boyish, but the mom and baby giraffe give it a sweet feel that you would look for in a girls room. It is not the typical design but not too trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that you need any more votes to complicate your decision... and maybe you already bought a set... (they're all REALLY cute!) but I agree with Suzanne - the middle one is my favorite. And all you'd need is to add a few baby girl pictures to the walls and it would be perfectly girly. But with these three choices I don't think you can go wrong!!

    ReplyDelete