On Saturday, we had absolutely nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do. The house was clean, laundry was done, we did not have anything planned. It was really nice. We just read a book about doing nothing and how much fun you can have not planning your day. This is a big challenge for me. I love lists and having things planned. I am not very spontaneous.
So with nothing to do we hopped onto the Internet looking for activities for the kids. We decided to go to the Natural History Museum. Rachel, Alexander and Isabella joined us. The kids absolutely loved it. There was a special exhibit on frogs. They were able to squirt a bullfrog with water, make frogs out of rocks and paint them.


Afterwards we wandered around the museum. Taylor was very scared of the dinosaur at first but finally got this close for a picture. Aiden loved the mining cave and making an earthquake. Taylor liked pushing the light buttons to see the tarantula and the scorpion. I still get the chills even thinking about it. But Taylor's absolute favorite things was digging for bones. She almost climbed in the sand pit or fell headfirst since she was not quite tall enough to stand on the rock and still reach the dinosaur bones.


We had a very successful day of doing nothing! Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment