Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let's go Fly a Kite!

We found some great kites at Costco and today was the perfect day for flying them. Taylor picked out an elephant and Aiden chose a fighter jet.

Flying the kites in our front yard did not work, they only got about 3 feet off the ground. So we the kids rode there bikes to the park at the end of our street. Taylor has not figured out how to use the pedals on the Tricycle yet, so I pushed her the entire way. It is a good thing it is not very far, my back still hurts from walking hunched over.

At the park the wind was great and the kites flew very high. The airplane was much better then the elephant, I should have guessed. Aiden even got attacked by a falling elephant. Both the kids were able to fly their own kites and loved it.


However, Taylor was much more interested in the slide. She is absolutely fearless and ran to the biggest slide. Luckily Thad was there to catch her.


We had a great Saturday afternoon and I think Taylor wore herself out.




4 comments:

  1. I love the one of Taylor asleep in the chair. She was totally worn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo you started a blog!

    We got the dragon kite at Costco, it's worked pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! Blogging is not that hard. It seems like the hardest part is just finding the time to sit down and do it. But with that said, I'm excited to see what you guys are up to now!

    Love the picture of Taylor all tuckered out. So cute!

    ReplyDelete