Thursday, March 26, 2009

No More Ponytails


I have always had long hair, really long hair. Most of the time I wore my hair in a ponytail, because it took to long to do anything will it. I finally got brave enough, or too tired of ponytails, to cut my hair.

There is a company called Locks of Love that turns donated hair into wigs for children with permanent hair loss. I needed at least 10 inches to be able to send it in. After we had cut my hair, I measured how much we cut off. It was 15 inches. I could hardly believe it.

It has only been two days, but I love having short hair. Even though I do get moments of sheer terror that I cut off all my hair. So here is a new picture of me with short hair. I have never had my hair this short before, but it is fun and summer is almost here. That is if the snow will ever stop.






3 comments:

  1. Rebecca! So cute! I know exactly how you feel. I donated my 11 inches last summer. It's hard at first to cut it all off but at the same time so refreshing. Its a nice change for sure. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful cause!! It's good to know that a child's life will be a little brighter. :)
    It looks great on you!!! Besides I think long hair is overrated and can look outdated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable! Love the cut! Change is always good, although it was a shock for ME to see you with shorter hair too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete